Req Id: 278032
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Bell is Canada’s largest communications company, providing consumers and business with solutions to all their communications needs: Bell Mobility wireless, high-speed Bell Internet, Bell Satellite TV and Bell Fibe TV, Bell Home Phone local and long distance, and Bell Business Markets IP-broadband, information and communications technology (ICT) services. Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV, Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels.
Corporate Services – Corporate Security
Bell is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Specialist, Security Architecture – Cloud reporting to the Senior Manager – Information Security Architecture. This person will be responsible for identifying strengths and weaknesses in the company’s IS tooling and programs, developing plans to address gaps, and advocating for the implementation of the plan to various business units.
- Work with subject matter experts across each BU to identify gaps with best security practices pertaining to the use of Cloud services
- Develop both strategic and tactical roadmaps/plans to address issues identified including People, Process, and Technologies required
- Present and secure support from subject matter experts and senior leadership for the execution of the plan
- Work with stakeholders and senior leadership on plan execution providing regular reporting on status
- Provide thought leadership on software development standards notably applications that are Cloud based
- Contribute to the maintenance of the company’s best practice/standards documents.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementing and/or operating cloud services (e.g. PaaS, Saas, Iaas, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in software development with an emphasis on applications development and deployment into public and private clouds
- Excellent knowledge of formal project and software development lifecycles
- EPIC communication skills both written and verbal, ability to take complex technical information and present it in a manner that non-technical stakeholders understand
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to stand firm on “hard” requirements yet be flexible and understanding of stakeholder limitations
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate a high level of judgment and maturity
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Post-Secondary education in Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Professional information security certifications, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other similar credentials
- Knowledge of Information Security Forum’s Standard of Good Practice, ISO 2700x, or PCI-DSS
- Experience in the fields of auditing and risk management
- Formal training/certification on Canadian Privacy laws and regulations
The candidate must successfully go through extensive background verifications including but not limited to criminal record and reputational checks.
NOTE: All Security personnel are required to sign a letter of non-disclosure that prevents them from divulging sensitive information that they may be exposed to during their assignment. This policy is strictly enforced.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga Canada : Ontario : Ottawa Canada : Ontario : Toronto Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 03/23/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Read more about why Bell is considered one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.