At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Bell is Canada’s largest communications company, providing consumers and business with solutions to all their communications needs: Bell Mobility wireless, high-speed Bell Internet, Bell Satellite TV and Bell Fibe TV, Bell Home Phone local and long distance, and Bell Business Markets IP-broadband, information, and communications technology (ICT) services. Bell Media is Canada’s premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV, Canada’s #1 television network, and the country’s most-watched specialty channels.
Corporate Services – Corporate Security
- Under the supervision of the Senior Manager – Information Security Risk and Compliance, Corporate Security is seeking a highly motivated and result oriented candidate with proven experience in Information Security (IS) risk and compliance management. The successful candidate will be responsible for the completion of IS maturity assessments and the review of remediation evidence in support of the IS exception management process across BCE and its affiliated companies.
- Complete Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) activities for Bell’s Information Security function including: logging actions plans and exceptions requests, following up with business and technical primes, and evaluating mitigation activities to ensure compliance with security directives to adequately protect corporate and customer data.
- Collaborate with Bell’s internal stakeholders in Network, Information Technology, Legal, Applications Development, Brand Management, Customer Care and other security stakeholders as well as external trusted partners to assess mitigation activities and provide recommendations for closures.
- Develop and complete security maturity assessments for specific areas of information security risk based on Bell’s control framework and industry standards.
- Document and deliver risk reports and presentations to senior management to communicate issues and provide status.
- Support peers within Information Security in the creation and documenting of Risk Reports detailing non-compliances and exceptions.
- Work to standardize and clean up data to maintain its integrity through process, reporting and governance.
- Document analysis results and contribute to Key Performance and Key Risk Indicators reporting to identify systemic areas of risk.
- Support Information Security leaders and peers with addition requests and tasks.
- BA or BS in Cyber Security, Information Management, or related fields of study.
- At Least 2 years’ experience in an information security environment including:
- Proficiency with application and network vulnerability testing in areas such as secure coding practices, network design and operation, software development life cycle and cloud application security.
- Ability to interpret and provide guidance on Bell’s security requirements to non-technical resources.
- Strong understanding of ISO 27001/27002, or other similar security frameworks such as ISF or NIST.
- Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other similar credentials (CISM, CISA, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) requirements and auditing.
- Advanced computer skills: proficient in MS Excel, Access and Project, and ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and flexible with the ability to adapt to complex and quickly changing environments.
- Ability to be decisive, remain calm, and cope with various levels of stress.
- Excellent oral, written, and group communication skills.
- Must pass a security clearance check including criminal record check.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.
NOTE: All Corporate Security personnel are required to sign a letter of non-disclosure, which prevents them from divulging sensitive information that they may be exposed to during their assignment. This policy is strictly enforced.
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender. Bell is an equal opportunity employer.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Job Status: [[jobStatus]]
Application Deadline: [[applicationDeadLine]]
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: [[rmkCountry]] , [[rmkState]] , [[rmkCity]]
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.