Req Id: 273414
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
As a member of the Network Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team, the Senior Specialist, Information Security is responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of security processes and practices to minimize risk and enhance the secure operations of our Network managed services clients. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for providing expert advice and governance to Bell business clients, and will play an active GRC role for internal programs; with significant cross-functional collaboration across Network, security and business domains.
- Act as a spokesperson and subject matter expert in information security governance, risk management and compliance for the Network managed services teams and clients.
- Develop and implement security safeguards and metrics in collaboration with operational and business teams to support client security requirements.
- Review and maintain IT system security controls to ensure compliance with industry standards, contract requirements and clauses.
- Review and analyze complex IT systems identifying risk and security exposures.
- Coordinate audits and IT inspections, managing remediation activities, documentation and reporting.
- Produce and maintain business risk reports and impact analysis, developing action plans to minimize risk to the business.
- Evaluate and monitor risk assessment and gap remediation processes and provide recommendations for process improvement
- Measure effectiveness of security processes and controls through development of metrics, dashboards, and reporting mechanisms
- Work closely with security and business leaders / stakeholders to drive security compliance and build a culture of security awareness
- 5+ years of progressive experience in information security and demonstrable understanding of the concepts of information security and principles of information handling and protection
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing procedures, and processes for Information Security best practices
- Experience in facilitating and performing security audits
- Experience performing risk assessment and management, developing mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology security, trends, leading practices, regulatory and industry standard compliance issues (ISO 27001, SOC 2, PCI-DSS and others)
- Experience in executive level presentations and briefings
- Experience delivering services in a client-facing role
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingualism is an asset.
- Experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working in the telecommunications industry, with knowledge of network security and operations
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications or in computer science with a specialization in telecommunications, or the equivalent.
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISA and/or CISM.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 01/08/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.