Tigera provides Zero Trust network security and continuous compliance for Kubernetes platforms. Our Secure Enterprise Edition extends enterprise security and compliance controls to Kubernetes environments with support for on-premises, multi-cloud, and legacy environments. Tigera Secure Cloud Edition is available on the AWS marketplace and enables fine-grained security and compliance controls for Kubernetes on AWS and Amazon EKS.
Tigera powers all of the major hosted Kubernetes environments, including Amazon EKS, Azure AKS, Google GKE, and IBM Container Service. Tigera is also integrated with the major on-premises Kubernetes deployments and is shipped “batteries included” in Docker EE and fully integrated with Red Hat OpenShift.
Tigera Secure builds on leading open source projects: Kubernetes, Calico, and Istio, which Tigera engineers maintain and contribute to as active members of the cloud-native community. Our employees are experts in securing Kubernetes and our technology is deployed in the largest SaaS, financial services, gaming, and retail companies where security and compliance are critical to the business.
We are looking for passionate and skilled software engineers to join us in our mission to secure the next generation of cloud native applications. At the heart of our strategy is a set of open source networking and security projects (currently Calico, flannel, and Canal) that define the new gold standard for application connectivity within large-scale cloud environments, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, and related technologies. Building upon this open source foundation, we are working on complementary commercial offerings to help enterprises build and operate cloud native applications and infrastructures, securely and at scale.
Why Join Us:
Tigera is on track to be the next greatest enterprise software company. We are funded by top-tier VCs, have an amazing product and a brilliant team.
We are in a very exciting, dynamic, bleeding-edge market. Kubernetes is one of the most popular open source projects in history, and is being evaluated or adopted by every major enterprise on the planet.
Our technology has been OEMed by every major cloud provider for their managed Kubernetes services, as well as integrated into the most popular commercial distributions like Docker, OpenShift, Mesosphere, and Canonical. Our rapidly growing customer base are all household names that rely on us to secure their revenue-generating applications.
The first step toward this vision of the future is to drive the broadest possible adoption of a truly cloud native approach to application connectivity, networking, and network security, which we believe dictates an open source-first strategy with packaged enterprise solutions built on open source-hence our initial focus on open source Project Calico, Istio, and related open technologies like Kubernetes.
You will be joining a team that is highly engineering-focused with a culture that values diversity, collaboration, agility and innovation, keeping us one step ahead in the exciting and fast moving cloud-native technology space.
What You Will Do:
- Be an active member of an engineering team working on tasks as part of release sprints
- Enhance and build new functionality in Golang
- Responsible (along with the team) for the entire development process of the features you are working on, including design, coding, testing, and releasing to production
- 8+ years of product-oriented software engineering experience
- Experience with distributed systems development
- Hands-on experience with Golang (preferred) and/or C, C++, Java
- A drive to get things done in a highly collaborative, agile development environment
- BS in CS or related/similar degree (equivalent experience may suffice)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with one or more of the following areas and technologies: networking, network security, Kubernetes, Docker/containers, OpenShift, related or similar
- Experience developing, securing, or operating cloud-scale applications or infrastructure
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend conferences and to work with partners, customers, and colleagues in other offices within the U.S. and internationally
- Experience or familiarity with any of these technologies: Istio, Envoy, CNI, OpenStack, Mesos, or DC/OS
- Experience with data pipelines, analytics, and modeling
- Experience in an open source company with a focus on cloud, networking, and/or network security
Tigera is an early stage startup, well funded by top-tier VCs. We offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision, and dental benefits. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.
We have offices worldwide (San Francisco; San Jose; Vancouver, Canada; Cork, Ireland; and London, England), and we offer our employees benefits that include, but aren’t limited to:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Paid health, vision, and dental coverage for employees and families
- Monthly wellness and commuter (or work from home) stipends
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday, and parental leave
- Remote weekly paid team lunches and other team social events
- Weekly, quarterly, and annual recognition awards
When you join Tigera, you are joining a team that fosters a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. We believe that our benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work. We want you to feel that Tigera is the best job that you ever had and the best place you’ve ever worked, and we will strive to improve every single day on this front.