Red Hat Engineering is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Telco Cloud-native Network Function (CNF) Workload engineering group. You will be part of a team responsible for enabling the Telco 5G partner ecosystem developing complex CNF workloads on OpenShift.
As a part of a geographically distributed team you will collaborate with multiple Red Hat engineering, and solution architecture teams, as well as strategic partners and open source communities around the globe.To be successful in this role, you will need to have motivation, curiosity, passion for problem solving, and experience with Telecom infrastructure, networking, container technologies and open source development.
Primary job responsibilities
- Collaborate with CNF partners to accelerate containerization of their products and integration with the Red Hat OpenShift platform, to ensure best in class functionality, performance, and reliability for introduction into Tier 1 5G networks worldwide.
- Work closely with the platform engineering team to improve and streamline the onboarding experience for partners.
- Collaborate with vendors to develop CNF certification and CI unit, integration, and system tests, plugins, tools, and processes to enable efficient certification and ongoing CI validation of CNFs.
- Troubleshoot, analyze bug root causes and provide resolutions/recommendations
- Review designs, enhancement proposals and patches from other team members
- Work with the quality engineering team (QE) to ensure CNFs are tested correctly initially and through the ongoing CI process.
- Play an active role and contribute to multiple open source projects and communities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Linux environment with at least one of the following languages: Golang, Python, Java, or C/C++
- Experience with Linux system programming.
- Experience with development and integration in a Telco environment
- Experience with telco cloud-native network development and deployment
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with container related technologies (Kubernetes, cri-o, etcd)
- Infrastructure development background
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.