About the role:
Reporting to the Director, Development, the Senior Software Engineer designs, develops, analyzes, and maintains high-quality software product applications. This position is located in Mississauga (post covid).
What you’ll do:
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Shadow members of the web development team supporting the student lending environments to acquire an understanding of student lending and the existing online environments for multiple clients.
- Provide production support during business hours for the Student Lending application. Address incidents in a timely manner to ensure that we meet SLA obligations.
- Tests, debugs, analyzes and fixes application problems/issues. Works closely with stakeholders to fix issues in a timely fashion.
- Analyze logs, program dumps, error messages and/or program code to determine cause of incidents.
- Work collaboratively with web service provider Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel as required to ensure that issues are addressed effectively.
- Document issue resolution steps in Problem Log to ensure that problems can be addressed efficiently should they reoccur.
- Perform post-issue resolution analysis where appropriate and propose solutions for issues where appropriate. Participate in delivery where feasible.
- Assists Quality Assurance in the user acceptance testing phase of new or modified applications to ensure system integrity.
- Provide documentation and knowledge transfer to mainframe development team (and others if applicable) when changes are being deployed.
- Participate in knowledge transfer sessions provided by development team (and others if applicable) when new functionality or other changes are being deployed.
- Work with Network Operations Centre (NOC) personnel to ensure that incidents are being resolved in a timely manner.
- Support NOC or other teams as required to investigate outgoing file issues raised by external partners, business partners, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 7 years’ software development experience including design and development.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, HTML, CSS, SQL preferred.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity independently.
- Strong technical, analytical, and development skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of required programming languages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; effective customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.