Hey there, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. We’ve ranked as one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, we’re on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems, in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team who will be a key contributor in designing, developing, deploying, and supporting our in-house supply chain software solutions. At Article our Senior Software Engineers are involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle and are given freedom to succeed.
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand business needs and designing the right software solutions
- Lead the design and building software solutions while adhering to good engineering practices.
- Continual analysis of existing software architecture and design with a critical eye for improvement
- Collaborating with team members and other teams to identify bottlenecks and resolve blocking issues
- Guiding and mentoring team members
- Documenting system design and technical solutions
- Conducting code reviews
- Ownership of the uptime of software services
- Implementing automated tests and monitoring of services
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Development, or equivalent practical experience
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Excellent problem-solving and solutioning skills
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS database in particular MySQL
- Experience with event streaming and Apache Kafka
- Experience building software on AWS platform
- Excellent communication skills: written, spoken and diagrams
- Relentless in the pursuit of remarkably better solutions
- Designing large scale, reliable and secure systems
- Modernizing legacy systems
- Building microservices
- Spring Boot and/or Play Framework
- Experience with Agile software Delivery
- We like seeing people who contribute to Open Source projects
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, beyond a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-oriented work environment where we win together. Article employs a wide range of experts and seeks to facilitate a culture of curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Access to dental and health benefits package with a focus on your total wellbeing
- Discounts on our products so you can experience first hand why our customers love the Article experience and product.
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate while being remote
- We want Particles to have a sense of ownership, be truly invested in the long-term interests of the company, we offer stock.
Throughout COVID, our primary focus has been the safety of our Particles (employees), their families, community, customers, and candidates, and as a result we are currently working remotely from home.
For the very limited number of roles which are physically required to be in the office, we have COVID safety protocol to which we strictly adhere. When our office is safe to open for everyone, you’ll enjoy:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we’d love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics… even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We’re excited to meet you.