Is to solve some of the hardest problems around in areas such as distributed systems, high-performance cloud computing, messaging and much more.
We are technology neutral and believe in well-tested, robust code. Much of our platform is built in GoLang/Java with areas of C++, TypeScript and C#. We use Open Source technologies (such as Kubernetes, etcd, Fleet, Docker, Prometheus, gRPC) and give back to the community through open-source contributions when we can.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Improbable, you will help build online services and infrastructure directly supporting multiple games. There is a broad range of challenging and interesting projects to work on. Similarly, we welcome diverse engineering backgrounds and want you to be able to support a variety of roles across all our teams.
Areas for impact:
- You will help Architect, Design, Develop and support distributed services used by millions of players globally.
- You will develop and support the libraries our teams use to integrate with those services
- Partner with product owners to craft the best possible experience for developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning and prioritisation
- Support and mentor more junior engineers in hard and soft skills through coaching, code reviews, pair programming, and knowledge sharing
We’d like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Have a strong software engineering pedigree, comfortable choosing the most appropriate language/technologies for the project at hand
- Software Engineering is more than just a job to you. Perhaps you contribute to Open Source projects, blog or speak at events occasionally, or just spend a great deal of your time thinking about interesting problems.
- Have experience working with multiple programming languages like, C#, C++, GoLang/Java, and are willing to learn if you don’t.
- You can offer your thoughts and respectfully reason with people but are equally committed to the direction aligned by the majority after being heard.
- You value working in different problem areas and are prepared to work in whichever team is necessary to add the most value to the business.
- You’re accountable and get satisfaction from shipping stuff on time / delivering quantifiable results.
- You’re modest when the results speak for themselves, and humble enough to take responsibility when they don’t.
Experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Building large-scale distributed systems
- Working on cloud-based scalable architectures
- Building high-traffic, robust APIs, SDK or web architectures
- Working with Game Engines (i.e. Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc…)
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging