Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
With over 1 million people using Wealthsimple products, we are the market leader in Canada, and we’re fast growing in the US and UK. Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we’re looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll learn more about your skills and interests to match you with the right team at Wealthsimple
Our Tech Stack:
- We have a service oriented architecture with over 100+ services. These services are a mixture of Ruby on Rails, Java/Kotlin, NodeJS and front end UI libraries written in React or React Native
- We host our services on Amazon Web Services and use things like RDS, Aurora, SQS, SNS, S3, Kafka, etc.
- We have amazing infrastructure & security teams
- We follow the latest best practices and have great tools for profiling, logging, tracing, tracking and experimenting
- We have support from frontend platform, infrastructure, security and developer tools teams with a mission to help us work smarter and more efficiently
- We have a Redshift based data warehouse that integrates data from our back-end that allows you build tight feedback loops between what you ship and how it impacts your feature, your product and the overall company
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Learn about the foundations of Wealthsimple, and our current goals for the future that you will start to shape
- Meet other new Wealthsimplers in your onboarding group and key people from each department, to start to build relationships across the company
- Gather an understanding of our technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering onboarding sessions designed and presented by your peers
- Have an assigned buddy within your team that will assist you in getting up-to-speed with our architecture and current projects
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Learn Wealthsimple’s technical stack and apply our development patterns and best practices through your work
- Buddy up for your first on-call rotation to help identify and resolve production issues and bugs clients have experienced
- Contribute and support work in a new or existing product and share your work with the team
- Learn how to query our data to measure the impact of your work
- Support over a million clients on their financial journey by shipping your first project or feature in a secure, and scalable way
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Reliably ship new features to our clients, following our best practices such as shipping daily, writing automated tests and monitoring
- Contribute to or lead the technical design of a project, while understanding how it will shape our future architecture
- Collaborate with other developers on the team while mentoring and providing continuous feedback via code reviews
- Develop a big picture perspective and understand how our tools and frameworks come together. You’ll feel comfortable contributing to various codebases
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Lead your first project: planning, scoping and regularly communicating progress to stakeholders to ensure the quality and timeliness
- Have provided leverage to our engineering teams by shipping new best practices and tools for all to benefit from
- Participate in our hiring process and shape the growth of the Engineering team
- Have worked closely with our product and design teams, contributing your own feedback and opinions on design and UX
At Wealthsimple, we embrace diverse perspectives. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life’s best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.