Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (BR), a $4 billion global Fintech leader and part of the S&P 500® Index, is a leading provider of investor communications and technology-driven solutions to banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and corporate issuers. At Broadridge, we do well by doing good. Our unique culture is guided by the Service-Profit Chain-the idea that success is mutual, directly connecting employee engagement, client satisfaction, and the creation of stockholder value. We enable better financial lives by powering investing, governance, and communications for our clients, their customers, and the financial services industry.
Broadridge is looking for an experienced Applications Developer with excellent C#, .Net and WPF knowledge to join our development team within the Asset Servicing Technology group. The ideal candidate will have very strong C#, WPF, Winforms and some exposure to SQL / PL/SQL, Core Java skills. The candidate must demonstrate the experience and desire to become a core member of the development team and play a key role in the success of the project.
Key Job Functions/Responsibilities
- This is an 100% hands-on role developer role working in an Agile environment
- Opportunity to work closely with technical and business partners across the globe
- Focus on the continued build-out of the firm’s strategic Asset Servicing platform into a commercial cloud-enabled product
- Add new features as defined in the requirements document published by the product owner or business analyst
- Enhance and maintain existing products, working to the company’s development standards
- Mentor and train other members of the development team.
- Fix defects found by the Quality Assurance (QA) department. Fix critical defects found by client.
- Quality check and code review other team member’s code and specifications prior to release.
- Provide internal and external development support.
- Responsible for application design, development and delivery and post-production support.
- Technology stack includes: Java, Apache Camel and SQL / PL SQL.
Basic Skill Level Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of application development experience
- Strong hands-on experience in Apache Camel, Java, Spring and Maven.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Apache Camel.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Java, JMS, Spring, Maven, JSON and XML.
- Experience in system integration using IBM MQ / ActiveMQ or similar.
- Experience with writing unit test cases using JUnit or similar framework.
- Experience with SQL / PL SQL.
- Experience of working in geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams with strong team play and collaborative skills
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in building scalable and robust applications
- Experience or knowledge with Agile (scrum)
- Knowledge of investment Banking and corporate actions domain.
- Oracle 12c – SQL / PLSQL, XMLDB, Advanced Queues
- C# .Net, WPF and Winforms (desirable)
- Apache CAMEL / Java (desirable)
- Exposure to tools like Git, JIRA, Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Oracle SQL Developer etc.
- Exposure to AWS, Windows Services, Web Services, MS Build, Oracle AQ
The ideal candidate will be highly energetic, and delivery focused, with the ability to deliver quality results with a challenging, but positive and influential style. They will also have a strong focus on continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.