Want to join a team where your work makes a significant impact and is seen by millions of users? You will build the features and applications that make Yelp the best place to find and support Local Businesses. Our goal is to provide an excellent experience for our users, and our full stack engineers dive into any area of the web stack to make it happen.
We are looking for a senior engineer who is passionate about building and scaling reliable software. You will be working on complex and innovative projects while collaborating with different organizations across Yelp ranging from engineering and product to marketing and sales. On the technical leadership front, you will be involved in the team’s planning spanning multiple quarters. You will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring engineers to maintain a high bar of code quality and maintainability.
Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages creative solutions to problems. At the end of the day, we care most about helping our users, growing as engineers, and having fun in a collaborative environment.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in the Winnipeg area. We welcome applicants throughout Canada.
Where You Come In:
- Provide technical mentorship to the group of engineers you work with, enabling them to deliver high-quality solutions on time.
- Architect and lead the implementation of highly-reliable and easy-to-understand products.
- Drive the technical strategy and roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to shape the roadmap and vision of our product.
- Partner with Design, Product, Data, and Engineering teams to shape product design and specifications.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Ideally 5 years of full-time working experience in full stack web development.
- Proven leadership ability working with team members and cross-functional partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers.
- Experience with experimentation and data analysis.
- Understanding of web security and performance best practices.