SoundHound Inc. builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that make it possible for companies to extend their brand in new and meaningful ways. Today, our voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging ‘voice-first’ world.
Our products are very server-centric in their design. Almost every tap or swipe generates a round-trip to our servers, and in this role, you’ll be one of the senior engineers on a small team building the ‘API’ system in the middle of all the action. You will push code to production frequently, and your changes will immediately affect tens of millions of users each week.
- You love seeing all the pieces come together to enable an engaging user experience
- Your desire to grow as an engineer compels you to dive into technical challenges
- You love writing and continually improving high-quality code
- You care deeply about keeping the operations team’s pagers quiet
In this role you will:
- Build scalable production systems responsible for directly driving in-app user experience
- Refactor code early and often to continuously ensure quality, stability, and extensibility
- Step into new problem spaces and quickly formulate well thought out solutions
- Provide mentorship, code reviews, and guidance for other team members
- Building web services, utilizing Kubernetes and public cloud infrastructure
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of experience and demonstrated success in working with robust and large scale production systems
- You have expertise in Go, Java, or other relevant languages
- You have designed, built, and maintained API’s and microservices
- You enjoy analyzing and improving system scalability and stability
- You hold a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
We would be especially excited to hear from you if:
- You have experience with MySQL/NoSQL databases and public cloud providers
- You have worked with third-party API’s or datasets
- You are familiar with multiple public cloud providers
- You have built services with Kubernetes
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, and inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported and can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other employment benefits.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, and flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team and bring your unique voice to our mission!
How to apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter – tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.