If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the intersection of computer vision and real-time video analysis. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with features such as Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our innovative Avigilon Blue cloud service platform.
Our team is a talented set of AI Researchers, Computer Scientists, Hardware Engineers, and security experts who work every day on challenging problems involving artificial intelligence and computer vision. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers. If you want to be part of a team that has been doing important work for over 15 years while changing the world – we need you!
As a Principle Software Developer on the Avigilon Cloud Services team, you will help us architect and build new features, enhance our existing software, tools, and experiences to help delight our customers by extending our application capabilities and enhancing the existing AI technologies we use. You will help design and build new APIs, web services, and microservices while supporting the worldwide operations of our cloud-based security solutions.
What you’ll do
This role is part of the Engineering platform organization where we work with the latest cloud and networking technologies, such as Azure / Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Microservices etc. We contribute to Avigilon Cloud’s success by producing software, services and API’s that are robust, reliable and scalable. If you’re someone who has developed cloud applications, are an expert in .NET and have a firm grasp of micro-services – come join our team!
- Design, implement and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services in support of public-facing online applications.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Help engineer a modern data pipeline to collect, organize, and process data.
- Analyze feature designs and devise technical solutions.
- Assist with planning, estimation and distribution of work.
- Develop deployment process and mechanisms.
- Interface with stakeholders and engineering teams to bridge the gap in terms of data needs and understanding.
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Strong passion for delivering high-quality, resilient, large scale services.
- 7+ years of software design and development experience in at least one of the following languages: C#, .Net Core, Java.
- Experience in highly scalable, highly reliable distributed systems, client-server architectures, and distributed database systems.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design.
- Experience with Agile and iterative development processes.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
5+ years of software development experience
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request.Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi.Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.