Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 15 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
About the teams:
- Consumer Banking – builds essential checking account services (e.g., direct deposit, remote check deposit, bill pay) to our customers to promote banking adoption. Banking Cards – focuses on creating growth in Cash Card adoption and sign ups, by offering highly customizable card (hardware) options.
- Balances – inspires the various ways users can bring money in Cash to power our product ecosystem (spending, payment, investing, and bitcoin).
- Growth – helps grow Cash App by building net new products or taking existing products to the next level.
- Growth Optimization – works to increase both the number of customers using Cash App and the amount of valuable activity these customers are engaging in.
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 10 free apps in the app store. Our mission is to provide banking services to all, in particular- those that are underserved. Every one of our customers needs fast and reliable access to their accounts, and the Cash Availability engineering team is responsible for making sure that happens. We care about infrastructure that makes it easy to write software that is secure, efficient, and tested. We examine metrics to find and fix any problems that arise from a massively scaled app, and if those metrics don’t exist we build them. We’re a team of senior engineers with a very wide breadth of experience, and we frequently work in teams to tackle big problems.
As a member of the Cash Product engineer team, you'll:
- Identify, scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across the company
- Be actively involved in setting strategic direction and implementing an expanding roadmap
- Own problems end to end from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation and launch
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Design APIs and data models to work within microservice and event-driven architectures
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Evolve and improve existing backend systems to meet product iteration velocity while maintaining a high quality bar
- Mentor other engineers and help cultivate a fast-growing team
- 8+ years of software development or equivalent experience
- Experience building product/services end-to-end from technical design, implementation, testing to delivery
- Natural curiosity and persistence
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, and Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.