Colony Networks is a profitable PaaS/SaaS company that provides advanced network capabilities for fixed, wi-fi, and cellular applications. Offered as both white-labelled and direct-to-customer, Colony’s CloudOne™ platform is deployed at scale with multiple telecom/data carriers, national retailers and transportation companies in the U.S. and Canada. With a vision to further innovation and global expansion, Colony is now laying the foundation for additional growth and to further embrace IoT applications and machine learning. We work with large amount of time series data in our distributed micro service architecture.
We are seeking a new team member with excellent communication skills and a strong sense of ownership. The successful candidate should have more than 5 years of complex web application development and deployment experience
- Work in concert with technical teams to deliver great software in a CI/CD culture.
- Own technical excellence for all your deliverables and participate in regular code reviews to mentor junior and intermediate developers.
- Work with team members across N. American time zones.
- Work with Product Management, from time-to-time, to help define feature capabilities and provide effort estimates.
Skills and Capabilities
- Minimum BS/BA in Computer Science
- Experienced working with structured and unstructured data in Big Data environments, Postgres a requirement
- Experience building at-scale, highly available, and distributed applications
- Python is our core code language requirement
- DevOps CI/CD knowledge in any of GitHub Actions, Weave Flux, Kubernetes, Docker, YAML, GCP an advantage
- Very competent working with, building and maintaining REST APIs (bonus if you’ve worked on Twilio and/or Meraki APIs).
- Familiar with Pubsub (Google, Kafka, Pulsar, etc.), caching (Redis, etc.), Data Pipelines and ETL processes
- Maintaining automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code.
- You’ve used prometheus in a production environment
- Familiarity with Feature Flags as a Release Management practice.
- General knowledge of IP-based networks and related devices (routers, switches, access points, firewalls).
- Experience with GoLang will be an advantage.
- Curious about the future state of Fixed/Wi-Fi/Cellular networks, IoT and Security.
- Enthusiastic about machine learning and the potential for AI in the network space.
- You’ve participated in, and enjoy Hackathons.
This posting is for direct applicants only. Consideration will not be given to any unsolicited agencies/recruiters or alternative roles.
- Remote office budget
- Remote socials
- Paid Time Off Benefits
- Work From Home – Flexible hours
- Training & Development
- Stock Option Plan