We are currently seeking a highly motivated cloud software engineer who combines solid technical credentials for the position of Senior Software Engineer within our Infrastructure Hosting and Networks team. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to build and deploy the foundation for the next generation of modern cloud native software applications and services for Thomson Reuters.
Are you passionate about using cloud technologies, open-source, and love working with and developing the latest technologies in a dynamic environment? Do you have a burning desire to move fast and be bold? Then we want you on our team!
About the Role
In this opportunity as Sr. Software Engineer – Azure Development, you will:
- Work on Azure services, tools, and processes. Knowledge of Amazon services,
- Work on SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Will on on discrete micro services with simple repeatable cloud native architectural patterns Utilizing a variety of open source software and tools, programming languages such as .Net, C# and Python.
- Will bring in Security best practices for cloud
- Create test automation frameworks including JUnit Testing and Postman API testing.
- Work in a highly collaborative and dynamic matrix agile team environment with multiple levels of technology staff across various geographical locations to build cloud native applications.
- Ensure consistency with cloud architectural guiding principles for assigned projects.
- Articulate complex problems, concepts and solutions through formal and informal means to global technical and non-technical audiences.
- Apply principles of trust, transparency, accountability and ownership.
- Provide mentorship and breakdown of tasks to other developers and take ownership of problems and work.
- Keep up to date with emerging cloud technology trends – open source and cloud vendors such as Azure.
You’re a fit for the role of DevOps Lead – Azure Development, if you:
- solve complex problems independently
- learn new technologies quickly
- build cloud native applications and services following cloud native architecture methodologies running in the public cloud
- develop software using languages such as C#, Python, Perl or UNIX/Shell
- communicate and present information effectively
- think critically and troubleshoot problems efficiently and effectively
- have a Bachelor’s degree in related technology program.
- Write Linux/Unix Shell scripts, Windows scripts, or develop with Python or other programming languages
- Administer databases and Windows and/or Open Source (Linux) Systems
- Have used Containerization technologies like Docker and/or Configuration Management technologies like Spring Config.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
• Learning & Development:
o Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
o Career growth – the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
o Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series, etc.
o Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor, and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
o Health benefits
o Savings/investment plans
o Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
• Flexibility: We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
• Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
• Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.