The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Toronto, CA, to join our Far Edge initiative. In this role, you will work as part of one of the leading continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) groups in Red Hat that provides services for Red Hat’s software development teams and upstream communities. You’ll interact with other CI and CD, development, and quality assurance (QA) teams and you’ll work with the latest technologies in the market today like Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Prow, Jenkins, Python, Golang, and Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform.
Primary job responsibilities
- Work with various CI and CD tools and assist with offerings like Jenkins, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, and containers
- Actively participate in the release orchestration for containers, including in the community, infrastructure, and support
- Provide support for CI and CD across various projects, streams, etc.
- Write Groovy, Python, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, and Shell scripts to automate and integrate with other projects and automate existing manual flows
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
- Improve operations by conducting system analysis; recommend changes in policies and procedures
- Improve current solutions and workflows
- Prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure-prone ones
- Communicate and work effectively with all levels of associates including senior management
- Graduate of computer science or software engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of proven experience with Linux operating system at least as a power user
- 5-7 years of experience writing code either in Python, Groovy, or Bash
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, including performing root cause analysis or other forms of preventative analysis
- Proven ability to learn on your own and technical understanding of processes
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex issues to deliver great results on schedule and to work equally as well as an individual contributor and as a team member
The following are considered a plus:
- Jenkins declarative or scripted pipeline experience
- Experience maintaining or developing Jenkins plugins
- Demonstrated experience containerizing applications or workflows
- Agile experience including scrums, backlog grooming, etc.
- Presentation and public speaking skills for conferences and demos
- Record contributing to an open source project or community
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.