Are you interested in joining a startup within Microsoft where you’ll have the rare opportunity to create an exciting video experience for Microsoft customers?
The Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision – to empower millions of customers to achieve more with media. The team builds services, applications, and experiences that bring the power of media, including photos, video, and more to every Office customer.
Within Office Media Group, Microsoft Stream team, our rapidly growing business video sharing service, is a team of passionate and dedicated engineers who are working to build best-in-class video services for the enterprise. This is done by combining advanced video streaming technologies, like Azure Media Services and Just In Time (JIT) encoding, together with cutting edge machine learning and AI technologies such as Azure Cognitive Services. Taking advantage of the latest web technologies, the team is building the tools to allow users to edit, manipulate, and enhance their video assets anywhere within Office. We are also responsible for identifying and working with various teams around Microsoft to bring the best video experience into other Microsoft applications, including SharePoint, Yammer, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint, OneNote, OWA, etc.
For more about Microsoft Stream:
We’re looking for a talented and self-driven Software Engineer who loves technical challenges. If you enjoy building software with a broad range of technologies, collaborate across Microsoft, and being part of an agile team aiming at making software development better, come join us!
In the Stream Integrations Engineering team, you would be responsible for helping to craft, build, improve, and operate our Video integration components and supporting services. You will enhance multiple Microsoft experiences with the Stream tech stack to provide customers with a high-quality Video experience. You would be asked to watch customer feedback closely and use it to help the team meet our goals.
Some of the other responsibilities that you would have include:
- Have well-thought-out designs that consider scale, performance, maintainability, and costs.
- Implement high quality code that needs little attention after completion, and raise the bar on others code.
- Work with PMs, Data and Designer team to incorporate requirements and information that will impact the implementation
- Mentor junior members on the development team through design and code reviews
- Participate in, and grow the team’s culture
• 5+ years of Android native development with Kotlin/Java
• 5+ years of experience shipping commercial level applications
• High level of proficiency with Object Oriented Programming and design pattern
• Preference to have knowledge in C++, C#, Go, Python, Java or TypeScript experience
• A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
• Highly self-motivated and independent
• Excellent debugging skills
• Passion for crafting elegant code
• Legally permitted to work in Canada
• Experience integrating with cloud services
• Experience resolving build infrastructure issues
• Experience handling media data such as images or videos
• Basic understanding of SQL-like database
• Ability to quickly ramp up, understand complex problems, and create solutions across many products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.