243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
We’re looking for eager, fast-learning intermediate/senior Full-Stack Developers that will work in an Agile team environment where you will be tasked with the development, design and code analysis of our blue-chip next-generation pharmacy management system. The right individual is a natural communicator, engaging peers in technical discussion and presenting recommendations and technology-based insights, and would enjoy the challenge of applying their expertise in transforming one of our enterprise platforms using the very best tools, technologies, and platforms available in the market.
Canada’s largest retail pharmacy company is looking for software engineers to join their team to help lead the digital transformation of their pharmacy management system. Bring your fast-thinking, high-communication approach to our team, and you’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on cloud platforms, with a focus on doing things right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, defining API design patterns, and implementing cloud-native software.
The successful candidates will be assessing the current platform in light of the best practices for modern software design and architecture, and in turn will assist in significant redesign, moving the needle towards successful transformation. This role consists of developing using Java, platform monitoring, as well as some architecting. This role will also play a key part in ramping our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices development patterns and delivery mechanisms.
• Participating in project planning and solution proposals to Sr. leadership across Product and Delivery teams
• Architecting, designing, and developing new features and re-engineering of existing core parts
• Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
• Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
• Implementing high quality unit tests with a quality-first mindset
• Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets
• Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending solutions for mitigation.
• Drafting system documentation for a wide variety of purposes.
• Using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket).
• Working with Package Managers like Yarn and NPM, Maven.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a combination of equivalent experience with a college diploma
• 5+ years experience in Full Stack Development with a primary focus on Java
• Hands on development skills within cloud platforms incl. MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform
• Understanding of cloud-native design patterns
• Strong understanding of Cloud API’s and scalability
• Experience with Java servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, etc)
• Strong testing framework experience (J-Unit, automated testing and performance testing)
• An understanding of development on distributed systems operating at scale
• Knowledge and experience with server-side frameworks including Spring Boot and Hibernate
• API creation and RESTful services with API Gateways and asynchronous and synchronous microservices
• Relational (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) database experience
• Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Git) and artifact repositories (Nexus, Artifactory, etc.)
• Experience in agile teams with daily stand-ups and a high degree of personal accountability
• Knowledge of Modern DevOps principles and exposure to Ansible and Terraform
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or Kubernetes-based platforms
• Experience with PaaS solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or OpenShift
• NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Firebase, etc.) database experience
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.