Established in 2002, Zafin is the award-winning global leader in cloud-based product and pricing solutions for banks, enabling its clients to create and execute innovative products and propositions to respond to market challenges and opportunities at speed. The company is transforming the banking industry-catalyzing core modernization and digital transformation strategies, enabling improved customer experiences, driving revenue, and increasing operational efficiency across the globe. Zafin’s platform is proven. The company has high impact installations in place delivering value at more than 30 banks worldwide.
Zafin is privately owned and operates out of multiple global locations including North America, Europe, and Australia. Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth, fueling innovation and ensuring Zafin’s enduring value as a leading provider of cloud-based solutions to the financial services sector.
Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer. In Canada and India, we are certified as a “Great Place to Work”. The Great Place to Work program recognizes employers who invest in and value their people and organizational culture. The company’s culture is driven by strategy and focused on execution. We make and keep our commitments.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be focused on implementing cutting edge software by understanding the framework and open source techs. You will bring your expertise in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications for global banks. You will work with a team of like-minded individuals in a culture of collaboration. The focus of the role will be developing cutting edge solutions for financial services clients by developing high quality software, and participating in data analysis, design, review and deployment throughout the SDLC; ensure delivery of high quality and high performance solutions. The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and interested in getting involved in all things development.
What will you do?
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Implement well designed, testable and efficient codes in accordance with project requirements and ensuring adherence to coding standards and guidelines, quality procedures, and schedules.
- Lead software projects from scoping requirements through actual launch and implementation.
- Collaborate with team members on analysis, design reviews and testing.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Perform thorough unit testing and support in resolution of defects while ensuring proper documentation of all activities.
- Complete peer to peer code reviews and improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provide inputs and assist in preparation of high level designs.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
What do I need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Science or Technology field.
- 10+ years working experience as a Software Engineer with a consistent track record of delivery, preferably in an agile environment.
- Experience using tools such as Eclipse, Maven and source control (SVN, Git).
- Well-versed in JAVA, J2EE, the use of the Spring and Hibernate Frameworks, design patterns, Web Services and REST-based APIs.
- Strong database and query building knowledge across multiple databases like Oracle, PostgresSQL, or DB2.
- Good knowledge with Application Servers like JBoss/Websphere/Weblogic.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to foster team collaboration.
- Be pro-active with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to create innovative solutions.
- Ability to work across multiple areas of a project and manage competing responsibilities simultaneously.
Nice to have:
- Automation testing experience (JUnit, Selenium).
- Application development experience in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Application development experience in an Agile environment using TDD and / or BDD.
- Experience working across operating systems like Windows/UNIX/Linux.
What’s in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, extended health benefits with Employee Assistance Programs, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for This Job