Do you want to make Microsoft 365’s customers’ data more secure? You’ll research and develop new ways to discover security and privacy failures in M365, and work with teams across Microsoft to improve and make our services more secure. You’ll get to know every codebase that exists in M365, and gain experience with almost every technology that M365 utilizes. You’ll be the first to start projects that invent new ways to discover and prevent issues before they reach our customers, spanning across some of the largest and most complex services in the world. You just need to come with a strong development background, a desire to learn, creative mindset, and an excitement for the way things fail.
- Discover and prevent cross-tenant and privacy failures prior to customer impact
- Invent new ways to discover, mitigate, and prevent novel privacy failures in M365 Services
- Identify privacy-brittle patterns across M365 codebases and services
- Collaborate with teams across Microsoft to help perform and validate root cause analysis of failures, and understand different technology stacks in use
- Validate complex security features for failures and develop efficient automation to continuously validate efficacy
- Research new and emerging technology and its privacy risks and benefits
- Plan and manage an expanding portfolio of security and privacy areas, and track associated metrics
- Create and maintain new environments and tenancies for in-depth testing and validation
- Develop test plans for external teams to run to validate security feature function, prior to automation
- Any other reasonable activity required by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years Software Development or Quality Assurance experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.