Are you interested in being part of a rapidly growing team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading platform for healthcare markets? We are looking for smart, passionate, and highly skilled Senior Software Engineers to join the effort to define and build the future of MacroHealth. You will be joining a team that’s developing both the engine that drives our platform as well as the infrastructure to run and scale it. The work you’ll do directly impacts the experience of our customers.
The U.S. health sector is complex and dynamic – a vast and diverse network of entities that impacts the population and economy like no other industry. At USD$3.3 Trillion, healthcare spending represents nearly 18% of U.S. GDP. It is complex and inefficient. Health service buying, selling, and settlements have seen little change in the past decade despite clear changes in available information, technology, regulation, and market consolidation.
Enter MacroHealth. MacroHealth is a mission-driven company. We are building the most advanced and trusted market platform for health service payers and providers. The company’s vision is to create Intelligent Health Markets by building technology, knowledge and relationships that enable payers and providers to optimize the buying and selling of health services.
We are expanding our team of passionate thought leaders as we pursue our goal of disrupting the U.S. health sector with our vision and technology. We are committed to developing leading edge solutions in a supportive environment focused on customer success and employee fulfillment. We provide our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth.
What you’ll do:
As a senior member of a high functioning engineering team, you will help figure out the details by taking technical leadership on design and development of new features for the MacroHealth platform. You will work with colleagues to define, design, and break complex problems into actionable tasks, and drive them to completion with peers on your team.
You will work with cutting edge technologies, taking advantage of open-source initiatives and third-party services, to provide the best developer experience.
This position requires you to be a self-starter, innovative and with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, and handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. You will join a world-renowned leadership team with a track record of leading the development of multiple successful companies and products.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software developer, in increasingly senior roles
- A strong foundation in object-oriented languages: we mostly work in Java, but experience in Scala or C# is also valuable
- Experience designing and building solutions within a cloud-based microservice architecture, using docker containers and RESTful API’s
- Strong experience with cloud platforms and their services for functions, secrets management, deployment and data storage. We currently use Azure but equal experience in AWS or GCP is great too
- Practical experience working with CI/CD frameworks and tools
- A pride in exceeding performance and functional standards of design and implementation
- Ability to maintain unit/integration tests for your code
- Comfort working within an Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and work across technologies
- Ability to work with others to clarify and implement abstract requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Thriving in a people-first culture of teamwork and respect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Your background may additionally include:
- Experience working with Azure development tools
- Building solutions using flow orchestration tools, such as NiFi or Azure Data Factory
- Additional experience with functional programming using Scala
- Hands on experience with IAAS tools like Terraform
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Knowledge of the US Healthcare space including standards such as HIPAA
- Previous experience working with EDI Fabric