Do you have a drive to implement products, and tools to detect malicious behavior that is trying to evade detection? The Microsoft Defender for Endpoint team is looking for you. We are creating an industry leading product to provide information protection features for attack vectors on cross platform desktops and mobile devices.
Our client products and tightly integrated backend services need to be designed to protect hundreds of millions of customers in real time. The technologies consist of a wide variety of software encompassing user mode system services, application and user interface level components, virtualization and emulation technologies, behavior detection, pattern matching, file format and network protocol parsers, exploit and information protection and much more. We are the engineering team behind endpoint protection features (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/business).
We are looking for fast learning, highly-motivated, collaborative, creative and analytical software engineers. In this position you will work closely with other engineering disciplines to plan, design, implement and validate security products and features. In addition to technical skills, you should have a passion for learning, and innovation . You will be working on cross-platform client code.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of client side software development experience in C/C++/Objective-C
- Experience in developing multi-threaded and high-performance code at the system level for client operating systems such as macOS and Linux
- CS fundamentals, problem solving skills, coding and debugging skills
- Good communication and cross group collaboration skills
- Broad understanding of security and endpoint protection
- Familiarity with modern C++
- Passion for working with customers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features
- Proven ability to create componentized, well-architected software at a component level
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.