Are you looking to start the next stage of your career? Have you ever wanted to build up your own team, blueprint its engineering culture, and directly impact the quality of the code and products that you work on? Do you want to do more than just code? Here is your chance.
Freelancer Limited, the ASX-listed company that owns Freelancer.com is hiring. Twelve-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world’s largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace, which connects millions of clients to freelancers across the globe.
We think it is pretty cool that our marketplace hosts a real life economy, where work is undertaken in every area you can think of. From design, writing, data entry and software development; through to sales, marketing, accounting and legal services – even NASA uses us!
We are looking for a senior full stack software engineer that wants to build out the Vancouver office engineering team. We currently work with teams all around the world, but this is an opportunity to start from the ground up, here in our Yaletown office. Our team work with the latest tech, and push code 30-40 times a day in a high-performance cloud environment. We develop core, revenue-generating products, and so this represents an opportunity to have a fundamental impact on our global business, and truly break through the next stage of your career.
Not only will you build features and software that scale, but your work will have direct impact on tens of millions of users worldwide. So if you excel at architecting web applications at scale, enjoy the challenge of writing optimized lightning fast SQL for massive data sets, have experience structuring extensible data and application logic, and are passionate about designing high quality APIs, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Proficiency in a few web development languages, such as Python, Golang, PHP, Node.js or Ruby
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Background or interest in web engineering at scale
- Experience working in an agile team environment, continuously shipping environment
- Linux experience
- Cloud computing experience, preferably AWS
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and able to self-manage work
- Self-motivated and tracked-record of learning new technologies
- Strong troubleshooting skills and creative problem-solving ability
- Experience with designing and implementing complex software systems
- Experience with mentoring/training junior engineers
- Interest in moving into a lead role
- Interest in making a real difference
- Experience with SOA, microservice and containerisation architecture
- Experience with development of public facing APIs
- Experience with TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of computer networking
- Sound understanding of OWASP and the best web security practices
We would love you to have:
- Strong academic achievements
- A Github page with contributions to open source software
- Experience with leading an engineering team
This won’t be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a global company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to shape the future of online payments, while enjoying all the perks of working in tech – fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens (yes, free food!), social events, hackathons, and more!