Privacy Analytics Inc
Senior Software Development Manager – Big Data / Analytics / Cloud
Headquartered downtown in the heart of the National Capital region, Privacy Analytics is a one-of-a-kind health data analytics company. Privacy Analytics is a world leader setting the bar of data de-identification, and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that enables researchers around the world to access and analyze healthcare data while ensuring that individuals’ identities are protected.
Even though our customers include 7 of the top 10 Fortune 500 healthcare organizations, we’ve remained loyal to the entrepreneurial and innovate spirit that drove the founding of the company and continues to permeate our office and culture. And, with our parent company IQVIA, the world leader in human data science, we’re getting the extra clout to further our leadership position in the data privacy space.
Our Java- and Scala-based flagship product sits on the cutting edge of technology and is a scalable, distributed enterprise engine built on Apache Spark that processes terabytes of data to conduct both mathematical calculations and data transformations. The work we do spans the entire spectrum of enterprise feature development, data analytics at scale, UI design and development, statistical modelling, and algorithm design all the way down to low-level algorithmic optimizations. We tackle technical problems that will engage and challenge the brightest minds, and we have very big ambitions ahead of us for which we’re expanding our team.
Our Engineering team is growing fast, and with this growth comes opportunity for a strong engineering manger to join and lead some of the best people in an engaging, friendly and fun environment.
In this role you will:
- Hire, manage, motivate, grow, and retain some of the best talent in the industry
- Lead an Eng. development team in an Agile environment
- Help define and shape the product roadmap for existing and new products, in collaboration with Product Management
- Plan and execute flawlessly on product roadmaps, delivering high quality on time
- Collaborate with Product Management to launch new external-facing products
- Collaborate with Professional Services to deliver to internal and external stakeholders
Our ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years in the SW Engineering industry
- 3+ years managing diverse, cross-functional, high-performance teams (10+ people)
- Strong problem-solving skill and can do attitude, laser-focused on client success
- Deep and broad experience in Enterprise/Server technologies and cloud
- A practical, team-oriented approach
- Strong communication skills, capable of modulating messages to various audiences and stakeholders
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or a closely related educational background;
- The following are considered strong assets:
- A solid foundation in statistics/analytics/data mining
- Exposure to data processing technology at scale: Apache Spark, Databricks API, Hadoop MapReduce, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure to cloud technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, AWS/Azure, etc.
- Exposure to one or more scalable storage / database technologies: Apache Hadoop ecosystem (HBase, Hive, HDFS), Amazon S3 / Redshift, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience in functional programming (ideally Scala)
This opportunity is open to home-based working, though please note that successful candidates must reside in Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we do not accept phone calls.
Privacy Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.