Help craft the future of how Amazonian’s access customer data. You and your team are charged with securing the devices that Amazonians use, from the Hardware to the tools that run on it. Protect our customer information from malicious groups and programs by building Firmware, an Operating System, Software, and Remote Management Systems. Keep the business running by building horizontally-scalable and highly available distributed services, and anomaly/problem detection systems.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you lead the development of systems you own from inception to execution. You architect, design, plan, engineer, test, release, and support critical software systems. You apply security and best practices to construct Operating System Components, Services, Tools, Workflows, and Monitoring Solutions that secure our devices from malware, and communications from malicious eavesdroppers. You will make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tool and the millions of customers they support.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Experienced in leading large software projects from requirements collection to launch and maintenance.
• Strong ability to drive conversations with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Understanding of Software Security Concepts such as Encryption, Signing, Authentication.
• Experienced in building highly-available and scalable distributed services.
• Familiarity with Operating Systems concepts such as Kernel, Drivers, Graphics, and Firmware.
• Understanding of Software Engineering processes and best practices.
• Experienced in driving Software Development process improvement initiatives.
• Ability to provide Senior Leaders with technical advice
• Able to work in Toronto, Canada (YYZ).
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation