We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
At Ethoca, you can join a team of top business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry. We are changing the payments landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and reduce costs. Our services allow customers to focus on what really matters – increasing sales and creating a great customer experience. Our relentless customer focus is what makes us an award-winning company.
Job Description: To drive our future growth, we are scaling our platform and building new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We’re interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive, yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap, we are evaluating and implementing new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. We are on our way to rewrite our Web portal with the aim of creating robust reusable and multi-product enabled UI components, as well as scalable resilient REST API.
We want to hire a Senior Developer who has a proven record of solutioning and implementing Web Applications (both frontend and REST-API driven backend) using the appropriate industry leading products, patterns, and practices!
What you bring
• At least a few years of web-based systems development (both frontend and backend) under your belt
• Strong knowledge of Java and the JVM
• Experience crafting single page applications (SPA’s) using modern web frameworks (Angular with Typescript)
• Ability to analyze, compare, POC solutions, provide data driven recommendations, lead implementation
• Experience building REST APIs based on industry best practices
• Experience in microservice-based applications development
• Understand the runtime impact (i.e. memory management, thread managements, etc.) of implementation and design decisions
• Actively involved in, bring up and defend software design decisions
• Mentor fellow Developers, share the experience and help them get better
• Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front and back end through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
• Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
• You push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
• Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
How to get on our shortlist
• Angular 8+ experience (ideally Angular 10)
• Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
• Full-stack experience and knowledge, be comfortable developing both backend and frontend
• Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns that are easily horizontally scaled
• Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
• Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
• Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment
We believe that when people come together, it unlocks potential. Our collaborative environment enables our teams to deliver and develop solutions that provide safety, security and convenience for our customers.
Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, change makers excel, and innovators shape a better tomorrow. Innovation requires taking thoughtful risks and moving with speed and agility, so that’s what we do. We invite our employees to bring their hearts, minds and whole selves to work every day to push boundaries and dream up new possibilities. Let’s create new possibilities together.”
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.