Want to learn how you can play a big role in changing the way people think and interact with databases? Then read on.
Amazon RDS Proxy is a fully managed, highly available database proxy for Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS). It allows applications to pool and share connections established with the database, making them more scalable, more resilient to database failures, and more secure.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineer to help reinvent the customer experience with databases. You will work on a team that architects, designs, and delivers web service APIs around ‘intelligent’ distributed database systems with availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing service and help shape the technology, product and the business direction. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
To learn more about RDS Proxy visit:
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent – Masters or PhD preferred
• 10+years of professional experience in software development
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation