Who we are
GroupBy’s fully cloud native technology powers the world’s most relevant and highly converting eCommerce websites, while reducing manual effort. Our SaaS-based suite provides industry-leading features for data enrichment, search, navigation, personalization, merchandising, SEO and search autocomplete, and is backed by our ongoing commitment to partnering with our clients. We excel with complex, large-scale B2B configurations and in dynamic, high volume B2C scenarios. We work with companies like CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy Canada and many more.
How We Operate
We embrace a modern devops culture, where core product engineers work hand-in-hand with site reliability engineers and other teams to operate, monitor, troubleshoot and frequently update our critical production systems. We work with our product owners to understand our roadmap, align the architecture with business goals on the horizon, and discuss challenges while grooming and refining our backlog.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We are very proud of the culture and diversity we have achieved at GroupBy. You will be part of a company with an:
-Open office layout
-Monthly social events
-Plenty of snacks and beverages
-Health, Vision and Dental benefits options
-Holiday Friday half-days
-Career development plans
-An annual self-directed training allowance
-The option to work remotely while we navigate what works best for our employees during a pandemic.
GroupBy is looking for a Software Developer for our Data and Analytics team.
You’ll be responsible for productionizing machine learning models and recommendation systems produced by our data scientists, as well as building and optimizing our Analytics solution and infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform. GroupBy’s data infrastructure is used across the business including analytics microservices, as well as billing, reporting, and R&D projects.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Using Google Cloud Platform’s managed data services (Dataflow, Storage, PubSub, BigQuery, Bigtable, Airflow)
- Developing microservices in a multi-cluster Kubernetes environment
- Productionizing machine learning based recommendation systems
- Building batch and streaming data pipelines for clickstream and other data
- Deploying an infrastructure to create and maintain datasets and APIs using Python, Java, and Go
- Developing new reports and metrics for our analytics platform in SQL
Skills You Have
- High proficiency in one or more programming languages of your choice, such as Node.js, Python, Java, Go, Scala, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with map-reduce algorithms and distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills; you will work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Aptitude to independently learn new practices and technologies, as well as prototype and propose software design and solutions
- Curiosity and a self-driven attitude
Nice To Have
- Some knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience with productionizing machine learning systems
- Experience with Cloud Computing, such as Google Cloud Products, Azure, or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with building data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Basic understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of distributed message queue technologies such as Kafka
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Ability to perform data analysis
If GroupBy sounds like a company you can’t wait to grow with, please apply with a cover letter and resume.
We can’t wait to meet you!
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GroupBy believes that all people are created equal, and our hiring practices reflect that belief. We believe that in order to do our best work, we must gain perspectives from diverse backgrounds, and we uplift the voices of those who want to make a difference. We consider all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
GroupBy provides an accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodations or adjustments throughout your interview process and beyond, please notify your friendly HR Team.