Harvest Builders is proud to be launching a new FinTech company in the wealth space. We’re looking for passionate go-getters to be part of this exciting endeavour, who are driven to build a brand new startup in Calgary, AB.
The ambitious founding team of this venture have previously served as founders, leaders and early employees at several pioneering startups, technology firms and banking leaders such as SkipTheDishes, Shopify, OnDeck, IHS Markit, TD Securities, Element AI, Kudos and Ritual. Owners know every minute counts. Not only are you laying down the foundations of the company, by participating in the employee stock ownership plan you’re also invested in the success of its future.
Our pre-launch startup is looking for full-time Senior Software Developers to join our Day 1 team. Most of our work is backend, our tech stack will be built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, MongoDB, and AWS.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly with the founding team to define engineering requirements
- Write complex back-end code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
- Help build a cutting-edge micro-services architecture following best-in-industry patterns
- Provision cloud-based resources using Terraform, Docker, and “Infrastructure-as-Code”
- Lead code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories
- Champion practices including Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery & Dependency Injection
- Mentor and coach junior developers
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience building full-stack web projects with a significant focus on back-end code and business logic
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement to learn
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, self-starting environment as well as working independently and in fast-paced teams
- Ability to architect and develop service-based backends: APIs, code, and data
- Fluent in > 1 programming language – preferably at least one dynamic/interpreted language
- Comfort working with cloud-based infrastructure such as Amazon AWS (or similar)
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art, trends and announcements
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by setting the pace in a startup environment
- Previous experience at a dynamic FinTech
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
- Financial services experience preferred
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.
We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there; when you apply, our team may reach out to you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for.