Please note that this is a 4 month contract position, starting early April.
As Senior Software Developer at Myplanet, you’ll report directly to our Associate Director, Software Development, as you build digital products for high-profile enterprise clients. With plenty of technical challenges and opportunities to learn as you go, you’ll work as part of our autonomous, Agile teams to develop new tools for our client.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integrate external data sources and data storage solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and Software Engineering principles
- 5+ years industry experience as a LAMP developer with emphasis on object oriented PHP and a strong understanding of MVC design patterns
- Experience upgrading older PHP (5.x) applications to PHP 7.x or PHP 8
- Experience with Symfony is highly desired
Is the Role a Fit for You?
The Senior Software Developer role emphasizes team collaboration and leadership in your area of expertise. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if you:
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of going beyond the theoretical and applying your ideas, skills, and expertise to products used by people every day.
- Find passion in new challenges. Every chance to learn and move things forward with your can-do attitude or to share your entrepreneurship excites you.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work. Knowledge sharing and the chance to be part of a team who co-own the output, instead of a solo hero who lives and dies by their work alone, is important to you.
Performance and Growth Expectations
Our environment is not your average, hierarchical software studio: we emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured using our 360-degree system (a combination of peer and supervisor feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands- you’ll have ongoing meetings with a mentor and professional guide to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Myplanet is a software studio and certified BCorp. Based in Toronto with global studio presence, we’re working with the world’s most influential organizations to catalyze change across business silos.
Drawing from a range of talents and perspectives, our team brings together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next generation experiences. We’re tackling mission-critical digital challenges for businesses by taking the millions of moments of interaction they have with customers every day and surfacing key opportunities to engage and connect within those moments.
We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization, while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms. We’re shaping the way organizations use technology to deliver context-aware, multi-interface experiences that equip them to meet their business goals.
While headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we’re a remote-first company of over 100 employees.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Myplanet is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.