The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the requirement, design, construction, integration, testing, verification and maintenance of the Nuvei software products. The individual must be forward-thinking and share in a common vision of quality, integrity and efficiency.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
• Develop and provide support for features in an existing .NET-based system while striving to improve performance and availability
• Work with fellow developers and database administrators to design, implement and maintain working programs
• Perform appropriate tests of applications to ensure programs fulfill agreed-upon requirements
• Document and deploy developed programs
• Provide training and technical support as needed to end-users
• Any other tasks as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience in complex development environments including:
- Hands-on knowledge of the .NET Framework (3.5, 4.0 and/or 4.5), including Visual Studio 2010/2013, C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), ADO.Net, WCF, jQuery, and CSS.
- Working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, and Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Relational database concepts and SQL (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience designing and debugging multi-threaded applications in both Windows Service and WCF environments.
- Working knowledge of development tools such as source control (Source Anywhere, TFS, Subversion, build server, etc.) and continuous integration build practices.
- Experience in designing secure applications and awareness of security implications from design to implementation phase of project.
- Experience with performance analysis, profiling and optimization.
- High initiative, self-motivation and drive to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team based environment.
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication.
Also good to have
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with a variety of platforms (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server and IIS administration
- Understanding of Test-Driven and Object-Oriented Design
- Knowledge of the Model-View-Controller Architecture
- Knowledge of multi-tier development and separation of concerns
- Knowledge of modern design patterns
- Experience with RESTful Web service and API development
- Working knowledge of T-SQL (Microsoft or Sybase)
- Agile methodologies
Nuvei offers a wide variety of benefits which include Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and many other great benefits.
Nuvei perks also include:
- Frequent training programs on new systems and platforms.
- Free Virtual yoga, meditation and fitness classes, community involvement, and many social activities.
- Employee recognition program and possibilities for advancement in various fields.
- Modern, dynamic and great work environment
- Competitive salary
- English (written and spoken) is the language used 99% of the time, as work colleagues and clientele are both geographically dispersed within and outside of Quebec
- Internal communications between colleagues occur in English or in French, depending on the parties involved. Strategic suppliers are located outside of Quebec
- A basic knowledge of French is required for any position located within Quebec. English is required for this position, as it could report to someone outside of Quebec, and requires frequent out of province communications