Syntax Systems Ltd.
Senior Software Developer – Java, Montreal, QC
Syntax is a leading Managed Cloud Provider for Mission Critical Enterprise Applications and has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes since 1972. Syntax has undisputed strength to implement and manage ERP deployments (Oracle, SAP) in a secure, resilient, private, public or hybrid cloud. With strong technical and functional consulting services, and World Class Monitoring & Automation, they serve some of North America’s largest corporations across a diverse range of industries. Syntax has offices worldwide, and partners with Oracle, SAP, AWS, Microsoft, IBM and other global technology leaders.
Reporting to Global Chief Technology Officer, the Software developer atSyntax we are looking for is a full-time, passionate, and driven engineer to join our growing development team. We are building innovative software solutions and need a strong engineer to help build our applications.
- Work independently to code solutions for well-defined problems
- Understand and work within the defined development process using the required software tools
- Lint, test, compile and minify own code contributions thoroughly prior to pushing code to central repository
- Make modifications to own contribution as part of code review
- Collaborate with other team members to develop features
- Interact with members of other teams to integrate with APIs and other 3rd party software systems
- Prepare for and participate in daily team meetings
- Communicate and share code changes and technical details learned during development to help the rest of the team understand the changes implemented
- Communicate needs and roadblocks promptly and clearly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus min 5 years relevant Java development experience
- Experience in software development ( Hands-On) 7 plus years.
- Experience using git for source control, including experience branching, merging, and resolving conflicts.
- Experience working with Gitlab for issue tracking and reporting progress on assigned tasks.
- Experience with the Linux shell, Linux process management and logs.
- Experience working with Gitlab CI for process automation including linting, testing, analyzing, reviewing, building, and deploying code.
- Experience working with Gradle for building Java code and maintaining dependencies.
- Experience working with JUnit5 to develop Java tests.
- Experience with the AWS console and certification as an AWS developer.
- Experience with the AWS Java SDK.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and/or in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor at this time.