Role: Senior Software Developer in Test
Location: Telecommuting / Remote from anywhere in Canada
We are seeking a focused, bug finding, technical test pro to come join us.
We are the Human Capital Management (HCM) – Payroll Applications team, and we add critical new features to the NetSuite Enterprise Class Payroll solution in use by some of our largest U.S. customers.
We are looking for an individual to help us push the envelope of modern era software testing. That means software testing isn’t a job, but a passion and you engage online and in your local community with other industry leaders.
The person we hire will enjoy:
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary
Your day to day your responsibilities will include:
- Getting down and dirty designing, developing and delivering automated and manual functional/integration test cases for the Web and mobile application.
- Contributing towards the delivery of high quality, testable software, from requirement analysis to acceptance testing.
- Actively participating in agile meetings with product management, design and engineering.
- Ensuring comprehensive test coverage of test suites.
- Reporting bugs in a clear and concise manner and be prepared to support the team in trouble-shooting the root cause.
Common background of a software tester:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math or other technical field.
- Hands-on experience with an object oriented or scripting language (Java is preferred)
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and DOM.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills.
- A great sense of humour.
- Experience testing SaaS based products
Is this you? Apply today!
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.