Senior Software Developer in Test
Enterprise Resource Planning
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
About Oracle NetSuite
Our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com .
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) division is made up of 60+ Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers/Researchers and Product Managers. Our office embodies the roots of a start-up culture within a large organization, and our ERP crew delivers on business-critical functionality every day. We offer great perks, such as a healthy breakfast, team events, and subsidized educational advancement opportunities.
About the ERP Cash Management Team
How often do you review your bank or credit card statements? Are you checking for any additional bank charges and the accuracy of transactions? Have you ever planned to pay for a big purchase – a vacation perhaps? These questions are important for effective Cash Management, a critical function for any business. At Oracle Netsuite, our clients require an up-to-date view of their cash balances to ensure they have enough money to cover their payments. We give them the tools to process bank transactions as frequently as the business calls for, helping our clients forecast and plan their cash flows for optimal liquidity.
The Cash Management team at Oracle NetSuite helps businesses succeed-and, while doing that, solves very interesting technical challenges. We have customers with tens of thousands of transactions to reconcile daily, and it’s up to us to design and build high-performance solutions to support them. If solving interesting technical challenges for critical business functions sounds exciting to you, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do Every Day:
- Design and implement automated functional tests and automated UI tests.
- Efficiently create test plans and context switch between test plan preparation and automated test writing.
- Participate in the team’s code review process in an active and timely fashion.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with team members, including Technical Support teams, to see their resolution through to completion.
- Collaborate with fellow team members (Testers, Developers, and Product Managers) to deliver on a shared responsibility for quality.
- Contribute to product roadmap discussions and implementation.
- Mentor more junior members of the team and co-op students.
- Help lead initiatives that make us stronger as a team (e.g. internal dashboarding, metrics for our success in production, improved build processes).
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team, in its Agile process and in its general team effectiveness.
What You Bring to the Table:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software engineering or related experience, in Java (preferred), C#, or C++.
- Experience testing database-driven web applications.
- Experience working with SQL (preferably in Oracle).
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols and Web browsers.
- Experience working in an agile team (one with developers and testers working on the same goal at the same time).
- Experience troubleshooting everything from your own development environment to client issues.
- Superior communication skills
- Experience working with IDEs such as Eclipse or IDEA
- Experience working with code versioning tools such as Perforce or Git
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.