At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace – one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
As a Senior Full Stack Mobile Software Engineer, you will contribute to building a product that impacts millions of users. You will help drive the product direction, making sure we solve the right user problems and find new and innovative ways to delight our customers. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and data scientists to break down complex problems, and experiment with new ideas very quickly. Your contributions will be broad, and you’ll be expected to nimbly move across our tech stack.
Day to day, your work may range from helping to design and evolve the system architecture, supporting us as we scale, to building out end-to-end prototypes and other tests for product features and ideas, to iterating on and applying our latest UI frameworks to help optimize user experience in-app.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful technical problems
- Quickly prototype new ideas and run experiments to identify features that users love
- Contribute both to maintenance and improvement of our microservices and ETL pipelines (Scala/Python) and to feature implementation in our mobile (iOS and/or Android) apps, as may be required
- Thoughtfully assist with the evolution and automation of our ops processes, participating in the on-call rotation for Growth owned services
- Help evolve our architecture to consistently improve development efficiency
- Influence the technical direction for the team and the strategic direction of the product
- As a senior member of the team, mentor, support, and otherwise level up the more junior team members
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- 5+ years professional experience full stack mobile development, functional environment strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of microservices architecture, and master of at least one server-side stack (preferably Scala based)
- Comfortable making deep contributions via at least one front-end mobile stack (Swift/Kotlin)
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)