Senior Software Developer
OneDrive is Microsoft’s solution for cloud file storage – the one place for all your important documents, files and folders, photos and videos and more, across work and life, and on all your devices. The OneDrive and SharePoint team is looking for a motivated and strong Software Engineer to help us evolve our service infrastructure stack as we scale to an ever-growing customer base.
You’ll design and deliver systems that enable partners and ISVs to migrate from other cloud providers, improve core systems performance and efficiencies, and ensure no customer impact throughout the change management cycle. You will deliver systems to meet our business continuity planning goals, provide telemetry for optimizing the service and drive our response time for detecting and resolving service issues down.
We are looking for people with a ton of passion, a desire to try big things, people who have a lot of curiosity and are not afraid to jump in to some seriously hard problems, organize the work, and get results. We are looking for people who use and love OneDrive. The most important trait we look for is raw passion for technology and for the space that we are in with OneDrive. We want people who are fanatical about the cloud, who use OneDrive or even our competitors’ products, and who want to change the game by working on OneDrive.
OneDrive and SharePoint are rapidly-growing services at the center of Microsoft’s cloud, reaching almost every part of the company, like Windows and Office. You would be a part of a team that has the opportunity to fundamentally change the way that millions of people use their devices and interact with the most important content in their lives.
We are looking for smart, agile, and intellectually curious engineers who love creating and building things that delight and protect our customers. You will be working with a team of amazing engineers, PM and designers, and work closely with other teams across Microsoft to deliver large scale, distributed architectures and features to meet OneDrive’s core infrastructure needs.
- 5+ years of industry programming, software development, and/or software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
- Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner
- Proficient in delivering and interacting with REST API’s and web services across multiple systems
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem solving skills.
- Experience with cloud-scale services and server/service management features.
- Able to learn new systems quickly and adapt new methodologies to our service
- Experience with building cloud-scale infrastructure components.
- Awareness, passion and experience related to cloud scale distributed design and patterns.
- Familiar with secure software design concepts
- Proven track record of delivering projects that include multiple components
- Ability and eagerness to work across and partner with multiple engineering teams to achieve business goals
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.