Paramount has been at the forefront of financial technology innovation and has become a trusted partner to hundreds of leading merchants around the world.
We enable merchants to access the global banking system for reliable and secure consumer financial data intelligence and payment processing.
Paramount originated in Toronto and has grown to include offices in, Vancouver, London, Malta, and Las Vegas.
We are a global team of smart, dedicated people committed to finding ground-breaking solutions to ecommerce challenges. We foster an inclusive, collaborative environment where all voices are heard, all people are respected, and all triumphs are celebrated. We also recognize that leading-edge innovation means doing things that have never been done before. Sometimes we’ll fail. That’s good, because we learn from failure, take what we learn, and move on to success.
We are going through a period of growth and are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Software Team.
Due to COVID-19, the position is remote until further notice.
What will you do?
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and experience of the full development lifecycle of Java applications: requirement analysis, design, documentation, coding, test, build, deployment and maintenance
- Demonstrate strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Follow best practices of software engineering processes and tools that govern development within the organization
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines around coding standards and development best practices
- Estimate level of effort, time, and external dependencies for completion of various programming scenarios
- Recommend technical solutions and write technical specifications that meet business requirements
- Analyze defect metrics to ascertain trends and problem areas
You will have/be:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related disciplines
- Solid experience of full lifecycle development of large-scale Java applications
- Excellent knowledge and working experience with Java 8 or Java 7, Spring Boot, Tomcat 8, Maven and JDBC
- Proficient with Spring Framework, MVC and OOD design and programming principles
- Demonstrated Experience developing and maintaining RESTFul and SOAP Services
- Familiarity with the .NET Framework and C# (asset)
- Working experience with Databases like SQL Server 2012 and above (preferred), PostgreSQL (preferred), Oracle, DB2
- Experience working with Source Code Management tools like GIT, Subversion, CVS
- Familiarity with online payment concepts and the ability to process/track/reconcile payments through various systems
- Strong ability to translate customer requirements into a formal design
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to create and amend detailed documentation and technical specifications
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility are strong assets
At Paramount, we celebrate diversity and know that our company is stronger with a multicultural team that brings different experiences and backgrounds to the job. We also know that your work team isn’t your only team. Work-life balance isn’t just something we say; it’s something we live.
Paramount welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Paramount Commerce takes great pride in our ethical and fair hiring practices. All individuals who are offered employment, whether directly or indirectly, are always required to go through a formal application and interview process. We will never ask for money or payments from applicants at any point during the recruitment process.
To protect yourself, do not respond to unsolicited job offers from individuals or e-mail addresses, and never disclose any details about yourself (including personal or financial) to anyone you do not know or trust or on a website you do not trust.
Apply for This Job