Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences – across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We’re made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
More than just technical skills, we’re looking for like-minded individuals who are generally awesome and will make the office a better place for everyone.
What we’re looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- Thrives in an environment of talented, hard-working people
- Is motivated and passionate about shipping high quality software
- Is driven to take a feature from concept to production
- Has an understanding of software delivery
- Experience designing, building, and running systems at scale
- Ability to apply software design patterns in a real-world environment
- Has experience with TDD, CI, and CD
- Has experience working with and designing REST APIs
- Loves learning new things, as well as sharing knowledge and mentoring
- Has a post-secondary education in computer science or equivalent program and/or related work experience
- Has 7+ years experience working as a developer
Other skills that will get you far
- Comfortable with macOS or Linux
- Experience working with Laravel, or other Symfony based frameworks
- Front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or VueJS
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform or another cloud platform
- Concourse, Jenkins, or other CI systems
- MySQL, Postgres, or other database management systems
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you’ve got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!