Chit Chats vision is to help Canadians deliver their goods to the world with postage at unbelievable prices. We are a fast growing entrepreneurial company making a huge impact to Canadian entrepreneurs and businesses. As e-commerce removes borders, we don’t want high Canadian postal rates to be a barrier to world commerce. We aim to remove these physical and price borders to create a seamless, borderless and boundless world of opportunity for Canadians.
Chit Chats values are not just words we put on our office walls, they are the description of our many exceptional employees who continue to progress, grow and set the bar high. Our values guide us on how to be successful at work and they are in alignment with who we are in life. We look to our values to ensure the right add and we choose candidates who embody these principles over those who simply have the technical skills and experience required.
We also follow the principles of the book, Five Dysfunctions of a Team. Hope you’ve read it!
- Write the best code and deliver amazing results that our users love
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Participate in code reviews
- Own the entirety of your features; including component design, implementation, automated testing, and rollout
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of experience designing and building production-level applications
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (3+ years)
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal forms
We offer competitive pay and full benefits package including vacation and personal time off days
We are open to remote hires across Canada