As part of our continued expansion, we’re on the lookout for a skilled Senior Software Developer to join our team who design, implement and update both internal and external applications for our global organisation. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in delivering exceptional software engineering and has an eye for creative solutions, high quality output and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in their field and be passionate about sharing knowledge with those around them in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent projects.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Oversee the development of new and existing software applications and features based on company requirements
- Act as a senior technical resource within the team, acting as a point of reference and mentoring others
- Validate software architecture, ensuring quality and security standards are maintained
- Perform the testing of new software and features prior to deployment
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule to support applications in production and act as an escalation point for the 24/7 support team
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends, making recommendations with Head of Dept & Leadership Team
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge and experience of backend PHP development including PHP CLI. (5 years + experience)
- Comfortable with Object-Oriented Programming and code refactoring
- Knowledge of modern PHP frameworks
- Knowledge of other server-side programming languages is advantageous
- Experience with Linux environments, MySQL, NGINX, Git, Jenkins
- Experience with change management in a corporate environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with proven problem-solving ability
- Collaborates with the team, in a positive manner, contributing to wider department and organisational success
- Proactively shares ideas and knowledge throughout the team
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently A strong focus for knowledge sharing, learning and a passion for self-development
- Passionate about learning new technologies and keeping up to date with industry trends
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals Looks for efficiencies and continuous improvement throughout their work
- Actively listens to needs of others and can transform these requests to solutions
- A strong communicator with ability to convey visions of designs and solution ideas
- Proven ability to mentor more junior members of the team and share knowledge to develop their skills
- Act as a subject matter expert in their field and provide guidance and advice in this area
We’re an independent, international business on a mission to discover and deliver innovative technologies to enhance our market leading connectivity, data centre, cloud and cybersecurity solutions.
Our USP is having a world class global network and reputation to match. Our agility continues to be the key to our success in being a big player in the technology sector, supported by our bespoke, personalised and exceptional customer service. We constantly achieve ambitious goals by delivering cutting-edge solutions that give us, and our clients, a competitive lead. Right now, we have data centres and points of presence in more than 60 locations across the globe, with additional locations being added monthly.
Established over 20 years ago by visionary entrepreneurs with a passion for boutique customer service, these values continue to drive Continent 8 today. We have a solid foundation, a stellar back story, and an even brighter future.
We recruit the brightest stars in the IT industry to join our diverse, global team who are all driven by a desire to deliver game-changing technology solutions. Join us and you will work in a unique environment that nurtures talent and encourages individuals to push boundaries that will revolutionise your career, our company, and industry.
We operate a flat structure which brings out the best in our exceptionally talented, trusted and ambitious team. It’s an inclusive, supportive workplace where everyone’s voice is heard, and new ideas are actively encouraged and backed. We offer a generous employment package, training, professional development and the opportunity to travel.
Apply for This Job