Come change the way the world sees the !
We are looking for software development engineers that are passionate about building systems, observability solutions (granular insights into metrics, logs, traces, and alerting), and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. There will be opportunities for learning and growth on the team, there will be access to Sr Engineers and PEs, and SDEs will have the opportunity to mentor and coach junior engineers on the team. has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at . You’ll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
This is a unique opportunity to build a new service from the ground up to a successful launch.
In this role, you will be positioning as a thought leader in related open source projects by collaborating and influencing the open source community and contributing to open source projects.
You will be responsible to , build, and a globally available service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 7+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, , , Go.
2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
One more of the following are preferred:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling
• Experience as an open source contributor or maintainer of a popular open source project.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Experience coding in Go and/or Typescript.
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with high data stores and strategies.