As part of EY’s focus on the people agenda of organizations and change initiatives, our People Advisory Services professionals assist our clients in successfully managing and sustaining people, process and/or technology change. This may include the identification and management of stakeholders, leadership development, organizational design, training, cultural assessment and development, talent management, workforce strategies, and planning and executing key communications.
We are looking for Senior Consultants with expertise in Software Architecture to join the WFA team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a leading management consulting firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of the Workforce Advisory Learning Lab team.
Your key responsibilities
- Identify, document, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle to develop high-quality software architecture
- Ensure high quality deliverables are produced for the project by exhaustive internal reviews and obtain excellent feedback from the client and global project counterparts
- Drive effective client communication and cadence with client and project counterparts across global locations
- Ability to automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting while working in a globally distributed team
- Deliver exceptional client service on a variety of digital learning engagements
- Lead the project team to:
- design algorithms and flowcharts
- create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components with third-party programs and troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback and recommend improvements
- Work closely with other PAS professionals to deliver exceptional client service on a variety of digital training engagements
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
Skills and attributes for success
- High integrity and commitment to work in a new and challenging environment
- Ability to manage ambiguity and be proactive
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- High energy levels, agility and adaptability
- Good understanding of own strengths and areas for improvement
- Eager to help others and willing to ask for and accept help
- Use of coding standards and quality practices for development
- Can either have backend or front-end focus:
- Skills and Attributes for backend-focused applicants:
- MySQL experience and writing SQL queries
- Experience writing applications in PHP
- Database architecting experience
- Experience implementing SSO solutions
- Experience interfacing with Web APIs
- Skills and Attributes for front-end-focused applicants:
- HTML & CSS capabilities
- Strong understanding of DOM manipulation and browser constraints
- MEAN/LAMP stack proficiency (not .NET)
- Skills and Attributes for backend-focused applicants:
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 6 – 9 years of relevant experience preferably in software consulting domain
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Ability to clearly articulate programming decisions, suggestions and feedback
- Strong self-motivation to learn new programs and skills on the job
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Preferred expertise in software architecture, experience of leading a software development and implementation project for global clients with experience in one or more tools and frameworks including:
- CakePHP, Laravel, or other MVC PHP framework
- Microsoft Azure hosting and DevOps platforms
- Git and SVN versioning workflows
What we look for
- Professionals who are independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able to provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class support services. Apart from day-to-day activities, the candidate is expected to be involved in strategic planning to grow the team.
- Technical experts with commercial acumen, relevant experiences and high degree of enthusiasm to adapt and learn in a fast-moving environment
- Professionals who are willing to work in an environment of continual professional development, drive to take on new responsibilities and projects and work experiences with clients across geographies
What working at EY offers
At EY, we’re dedicated to helping our clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies – and the work we do with them is as varied as they are.
You get to work with inspiring and meaningful projects. Our focus is education and coaching alongside practical experience to ensure your personal development. We value our employees and you will be able to control your own development with an individual progression plan. You will quickly grow into a responsible role with challenging and stimulating assignments. Moreover, you will be part of an interdisciplinary environment that emphasizes high quality and knowledge exchange. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.