Fidelity National Information Services
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest,Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers- banks and retailers- so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ’round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Enterprise Technology Office Frameworks Team is a highly innovative and creative team focused on accelerating development of high quality applications across FIS. It is responsible for the development of software and guidelines used across the company and is also responsible for the development of mobile and web applications for FIS employees and customers. We place a lot of value on each individual’s ideas and encourages innovative solutions that we share with all development teams. We use our experience in building apps to create reusable tools and components to speed up other team’s backend and frontend development. As a member of the team, you will be working on these guidelines, components and applications and your ideas and solutions will have a big impact on how applications are created at FIS.
The Candidate will be responsible for helping define, maintain and extend functional product architecture for FIS’ Digital Platform. Guide application development team through development process. Ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
• Documents functional product solutions for the FIS Digital Platform.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
• Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
• Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
• Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
• Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles.
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• Requires a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.