The Neuron team, part of Business Data Technologies (BDT), builds services that drive cost efficiency and fiscal responsibility across Amazon.com. Our charter consists of charge-back billing, resource efficiency monitoring, and machine learning-backed forecasting solutions with a specialization in long-term forecasting. Customers use our services to 1) automate financial and capacity planning processes across Amazon; 2) identify and eliminate wasteful use of AWS technologies; and 3) drive charge-back billing for eCF Data foundational services, including our Data Lake and NoSQL database.
We are looking for senior software developers who long for the opportunity to design and build large-scale systems with global impact. We need your help to build systems that leverage big data and machine learning to automate cost attribution, financial planning and hardware capacity planning. You will improve user productivity and service resiliency by building recommendation systems that optimises Amazon’s use of infrastructure for storage and analytics. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers’ needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
What does it take to succeed in this role? You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dig deep into AWS emerging technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural improvements, and the customer perspective in the source of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, distributed system design, and performance, and you are curious, if not experienced, with the capabilities of Machine Learning.
As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of one of BDT’s most important and visible initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Working backwards from the customer translation complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
– Deliver systems and features on schedule with high quality
– Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
– Mentor of junior engineers
– Work across teams to drive overall technical strategy
– Working with AWS technologies like Athena, Batch, DynamoDB, Lambda, Redshift, S3, SageMaker, Step Functions, and more.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience with Machine Learning, in particular time series forecasting and classification. Having built the surrounding infrastructure necessary to support ML models in production.