BASF: Ludwigshafen am Rhein
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as one of Canadas Best 100 Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Senior DevOps Engineer GTS (Global Trade (ID: 2002907)
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Enablement of digitalization in foreign trade in North America. Provision of business oriented solutions with end-to-end accountability from idea to operation. Proximity to local IP
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Provision and technical operation of business oriented solutions in the Foreign-Trade area
- Provision and operation will be done in an agile mode in close collaboration with internal partner
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; a degree in Business IT or Business Economics with emphasis on IT, or similar.
- Must have 5 years of strong and broad business experience in Supply Chain along with Foreign Trade
- 5 years of consulting experience for Customs, Preference and Compliance Management within SAP GTS
- Strong experience in analyzing user requirements, design creation, implementation via configuration and development and technical operation of SAP GTS functionalities.
- Creation of “Solution-Designs” in general (SAP Standard, Custom Reports, Interfaces), and also in regard of utilizing enhancement options for differentiation purposes (User Exits, BADIs, etc.)
First experiences with SAP S/4Hana
In general, a strong consulting skill set
Order-to-Cash and P2P: Expertise in configuration, customizing, modification and support of shipping/transportation Processes.
Cross functional knowledge in SAP-TM, Billing, Procurement, Sales etc.
SAP ABAP knowledge/experience is required on analytical level (good debugging skills)
Experience on EDI/IDOCs/XMLs
Experience with third party systems that interact with SAP systems preferred.
Must have excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Must be able to work independently.
Must be able to work within a global / virtual team.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.