Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented Software Engineers who are passionate about Salesforce development and clean code by using best practices, enterprise patterns and standards.
You will build on top of the existing platform, and work across multiple clouds and applications, including Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Community, MavenLink, Mulesoft with a particular focus on our Salesforce Sales Cloud & CLM initiative, and many other customized applications on top of the platform.
You will need to be able to own and drive entire development solutions which include: code review and improvement of existing functionality using our Git / Atlasssian suite of tools, troubleshooting of complicated integrations and large volume data feeds, creation of new features and enhancements provided by the Product owners in an agile framework driven environment.
• Perform technical analysis, design, development, implementation of applications with necessary customizations.
• Support cross systems and related integrations across native Salesforce eco system.
• Build solution on Salesforce.com platform, including development in Force.com, Visualforce, Lightning, Apex, Web Services and API’.
• Work with a cross-functional Scrum team to maintain and enhance Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud applications in iterative release cycle.
• Troubleshoot and fix defects for planned releases and production issues.
• Research and find opportunities to utilize SFDC best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling, and monitoring.
• Learn and adapt to Ciena CI/CD process using Bitbucket
• 6 years of hands-on engineering experience on the Force.com platform including Visualforce, Lightning, Apex and/or SOQL/SOSL
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Visualforce, Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers development experience
• Web services development and or experience with Salesforce API, Metadata, and other APIs (REST, SOAP)
• Knowledge of integrations, third-party integration tools and ETL with Salesforce.
• Experience working with technical and business stakeholders from global cross-functional teams.
• Platform Developer II certification is preferred
• CLM domain experience preferred
• Exposure to DocuSign CLM preferred
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People. Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.