Position: Senior Robotics Technical Support Specialist
Experience: 3 – 8 years of relevant work experience
Education: Diploma or Degree in related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About OTTO Motors
OTTO Motors is making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
Clearpath is seeking a Senior Technical Support Specialist to join our highly skilled team in Kitchener. At Clearpath we believe that every client is a VIP and we need someone who will obsessively focus on making our customers successful.
You will be responsible for providing remote post-sales customer service and technical support to our rapidly growing list of customers globally. The focus on this role is to take on ownership of the technical support teams more challenging issues that will exercise your technical and customer service expertise. Of course, you will be backed up with engineering and customer success teams to help as needed.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Advanced Level engineering and customer support to clients
- On-call Escalation Support
- Organizing warranty parts and repairs
- Take ownership of the team’s most complex customer issues.
- On-boarding new customers
- Acting as a customer advocate internally
- Help identify and support improvement initiatives
- Mentor and provide an example to more junior team members
You want to work for a fast-moving company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are passionate, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and passionate about their work. You are motivated by making an impact on your workplace and you thrive on challenging and rewarding problems.
- planning and organization (how to approach and solve a problem, work breakdown to achieve the end goal, etc.)
- strong communicator, verbal and written
- Able to take the most complex technical issues and simplify for efficient and effective communication
- self-motivated and organized
- a keen eye for detail
- demonstrated ability to work with Linux
- authoring simple software code (python, C++, or other)
- Hardware/Electrical hands-on troubleshooting
- basic knowledge of networking for industrial systems
- troubleshooting and root cause analysis with industrial systems
- knowledge of interpreting mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- minimum 3+ years of experience commissioning or troubleshooting industrial automated equipment or software that interfaces to the equipment
- diploma or degree in engineering, design, industrial controls, or robotics type of field
- experience analyzing performance of automated systems
- experience working directly with clients/end-users
Bonus for experience:
- training users of automated equipment/software
- lean manufacturing education
- data analysis experience
- working with Atlassian Confluence products
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.