At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you’ll make
As a Senior Research Analyst on the Shoppers Drug Mart Research team, you will join a team whose mandate is to surface customer research, insights, and advocate for our customers across the businesses that we support (SDM E-commerce and Digital Pharmacy). You will work to uncover friction and high pain points within various experiences to help the business better the products and services that we offer to our customers. You will be active in building a human-centered culture and empowering teams with the insights needed to make customer-centered change.
In this role, you will be comfortable with the end-to-end elements of customer research and synthesis: framing research problems based on business needs; contributing to the research planning process; mining data from various internal data sources; leading out the synthesis and analysis of quantitative data; presenting clear, impactful outputs to various cross-functional partners (Product Management, Marketing, Trading, Operations). You will be able to think critically about research and business problems, ask clarifying questions, and deliver outputs to a high standard.
You are a team player and self-starter who loves answering exciting business questions. You love digging into data to uncover the “why” and are not afraid to challenge the status quo, ask difficult questions, and tell a story to business stakeholders.
We’re excited for you to join us on our journey, and you’ll work alongside a Mixed Methods Research Lead and Senior Design Researcher on the Shoppers Drug Mart Research team.
What you’ll do
- Leverage your expertise in the end-to-end research process – from framing research problems to mining data from various sources (including internal tracking programs, data analytics, social media, and integration with other internal data sources) to analyzing customers’ needs to presenting findings – to provide Shoppers Drug Mart with a comprehensive understanding of their customers that will help them understand customer satisfaction and develop better products
- Utilize analytical software such as Tableau, Google Cloud Platform, SQL, Python / R to synthesize and analyze data to generate insights and recommendations to cross-functional partners that will help them develop strategies that meet their business goals
- Embed key customer insights into the Shoppers Drug Mart business by being the point of contact for voice of customer feedback through analysis of quantitative research + integration with internal datasets; be an expert and advocate for customer-centricity
- Lead the creation of weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting, identifying opportunities and gaps for the business; develop dashboarding and automation for regular reporting to help with efficiency
- Work with the rest of the SDM Research Team to develop business storytelling to provide actionable recommendations to senior leadership, based on both ongoing and ad-hoc research insights
- Develop analytical approaches for briefs which are most effective at surfacing quantitative research, including partnerships with other analytical functions and qualitative research partners
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical, research or insight role, ideally analyzing and integrating research into meaningful and actionable insights.
- Expert in querying and analyzing raw datasets using SQL in multi-method studies; experience with GCP is considered a plus
- A university degree in an analytical discipline or a human-centered discipline (Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Computer Interaction)
- You are comfortable working with cross-functional teams and senior-level stakeholders
- Help build strong partnerships with business stakeholders to influence business tactics and solutions by bringing the Voice of the Customer to the conversation
- Exceptional time management, problem solving, critical thinking and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Experience prioritizing time between multiple projects and managing projects involving cross-functional disciplines.
- An understanding and interest of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including qualitative, when and how to apply them during product development processes and apply them to strategy
- Knowledge of user-centered design methods
- Experience in product, service or UX design
- Passion for emerging tech and trends in one or more of the: grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.