Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
As a Senior React Developer, you will develop web experiences-for a wide variety of well-known brands-that run the range from large scale e-commerce front-ends to slick data-driven visualizations. You’ll take lead-from-the-trenches approach to projects, mentoring junior developers, doing pull request reviews, and setting up front-end tooling and CI. All while coding some of the most complex stories yourself, and serving as a constant advocate for code quality and user experience.
- Code the most complex pieces of the application. Whether it’s a dynamic visualization, a tricky 3rd party integration, or a crazy animation sequence, you’re up for the challenge and you’ll take pride in the finished product.
- Test your code, and help ensure that the right code is being tested across your project. You also help make sure that integration tests are running, and that everyone on the team tests before they push code (either manually or as part of a pre-commit hook).
- Model the behavior and practices that you want to see in the organization. Want to follow TDD? Do it, and demonstrate the results to your team and clients. Itching to adopt a new tool or framework? Try it out and show the value.
- Estimate or point your own work, and be able to sanity check estimations from more junior developers to make sure that they’re setting themselves up for success
- Share your learnings and experiences with your team, your local community, and Publicis Sapient globally through Lunch and Learns, knowledge sharing webinars, and blog posts.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent experience in Frontend Development with hand on development in HTML5/CSS3 and Object oriented Java Script and DOM.
- Experience using CSS grids and building responsive websites with scalability in mind
- Experience leading small teams and mentoring junior developers
- Experience with popular React.js workflows such as Redux, its core principles and styled components.
- Well versed in Ecmascript 5/6/7.
- Awareness of TCP/IP networking considerations, ability to optimize applications for a variety of device capabilities and network conditions.
- Solid understanding of browser rendering, and ability to fine-tune an experience
- Ability to cut necessary visual assets from PhotoShop and/or Sketch files, and optimize them appropriately.
- Experienced in modern dev tools, process and methodologies like TDD, Unit Testing & Functional testing using Mocha, Chai, Jest or other frameworks.
- Must be well versed with agile environment.
- Experience with accessibility-driven design and Section 508 Compliance.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GIT.
Set Yourself Apart With:
- Experience working with large branded websites, content management systems, E-commerce platforms, and backend frameworks (Java, .NET).
Benefits of working here:
- Generous paid vacation and 15 paid holidays.
- Maternity and paternity leave (birth or adoption).
- Gym, travel, retail and phone service discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Corporate gift matching program.